Food Service Permits

woman at farmer's market


Whenever food is sold or served to the public, an application must be made to the Health Unit for a food service permit. Permits are required for temporary or special events, farmer’s markets, opening a new food premise and more. A few examples include public barbecues, community fundraisers like spaghetti suppers or pancake breakfasts, and food booths at fairs.

To apply for a permit, fill in the Special Event Food Selling Form, available in English and in French. The application must be submitted to the Health Unit at least 15 days prior to the event.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-563-2808.


North Bay

345 Oak Street West

Parry Sound

70 Joseph Street Unit #302

Burk's Falls

17 Copeland Street (by appointment only)